At Dry Creek Elementary, we're committed to providing our students with an enriching and comprehensive education that extends beyond the classroom. Our curated collection of resources empowers young learners to engage with the world around them, fostering critical thinking, global awareness, and cultural understanding. Here's a glimpse of the exceptional resources we offer for our Social Studies section:
Time for Kids: Stay Informed and Think Critically
- Time for Kids is a cross-curricular news source designed specifically for kids. It keeps our students current with age-appropriate news stories and thought-provoking articles, promoting critical thinking skills while staying informed about the world.
Learning for Justice: Fostering Tolerance and Reducing Prejudice
- Learning for Justice provides valuable tools for our students to learn about tolerance and equality. Through engaging lessons and materials, we encourage empathy and understanding, promoting a more inclusive school community.
MET Kids: Exploring the World of Art at the Metropolitan Museum
- Dive into the fascinating world of art with MET Kids. The Metropolitan Museum offers a rich introduction to art and culture, sparking our students' creativity and appreciation for artistic expression from different times and places.
Smithsonian Learning Lab: Discovering the Treasures of History and Culture
- The Smithsonian Learning Lab introduces our students to a vast collection of artifacts and knowledge, igniting their curiosity about the world's history and culture. Students will have the opportunity to explore and learn about our rich heritage.
PBS Learning Media: Engaging with Past, Present, and Future
- PBS Learning Media offers an extensive collection of resources on government, history, economics, and more. Tailored by grade level and subject, it allows our students to engage with the past, present, and future in an interactive and meaningful way.
- Online Resources